Tuesday, February 16, 2010

If only I could find more time..

Never put off till tomorrow what you could do today. Its pretty smart and makes a lot of sense… but why is it so hard to follow?

I think for me, its pretty easy to convince myself that tomorrow will some how be longer than today. For example, right now I’m totally confident I don’t have enough time to clean my refrigerator out, and tomorrow when I can start earlier I know that I will have “more time” to get it done. Therefore I should do something else right now and save that project for later. And by something else I mean catch up on the Daily Show and Colbert Report. The reality is however, I have just as much time now, as I will tomorrow. It just seems easier to say you will have more time tomorrow because it’s far away and it still feels so promising. Unfortunately for me the probability of tomorrow the whole cycle starting over again is pretty high, and the probability of my refrigerator never getting cleaned out is even higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment